8/01/2005

The Misery of Mimery

Be grateful you are not a mime (my apologies to any mime readers). I saw a show last night called Le Grande Cirque and I found myself more embarrassed watching the mime than I was entertained by the hordes of Asian contortionists. A mime is capable of doing a few things well:

1. Humiliating unsuspecting audience members
2. Scaring little kids with his freakish make-up face
3. Getting stuck in imaginary places
4. Not screaming when he stubs his toe

Unfortunately none of these are entertaining enough to warrant a ticket price that is more than $2. If you see a mime on the street, he's probably got a sad story about how he got into street performance, and I'd give him a buck. But I will never pay to see some idiot with white make-up who is stuck in a dadgum invisible box.

No comments: