2/20/2006

Demetri Martin

For those of you who don't know who Demetri Martin is, then you are most of the people in the world. But I will go ahead and tell you. He is a hilarious stand-up comedian. All famous comedians are hilarious because if they weren't, then they wouldn't be comedians. They would be waiters and librarians and stunt men and street performers in Barcelona.

I'm trying to bring Demetri Martin (and Alonzo Bodden) to campus April 12. In honor of the mere possibility of him coming, I'm posting some of his great quotes:

* "'Sort of' is such a harmless thing to say. Sort of. It's just a filler. Sort of - it doesn't really mean anything. But after certain things, sort of means everything. Like after "I love you" or "You're going to live" or "It's a boy."

* "If I have to move up in a building, I choose the elevator over the escalator. Because one time I was riding the escalator and I tripped. I fell down the stairs for an hour and a half."

* "I was at the zoo the other day, looking for a job / girlfriend / pretzel."

* "The worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades."

* "About a month ago I got a cactus. A week later, it died. I was really depressed because I was like 'Damn! I am less nurturing than a desert.' (Ladies, that's not true)"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds great... under what committee, or forum... or how are you going to raise the funds and get approval? I know you love comedy, but a bounced check is funny to no one.

CC Pearce said...

The CUAB Forum Committee has a budget beyond my powers. They will pay for it, not me. He's expensive.