10/17/2005

I'm Boycotting Tipping (at McAllisters)

Welcome to a new era of begging.

I walked in to McAllisters the other day and ordered the club. They said they took credit cards and thus I paid with one. They gave me a receipt and everything seemed normal UNTIL... I noticed there was a blank space and beside it read the word TIP.

Why would I possibly give a tip for some ditzy girl to take my order and fill up a cup with iced tea? I can order the exact same way at McDonalds and not feel a guilt trip like I owe someone 15% for a 30 second verbal interaction.

It's not even paying the money that is so bothersome. It's the fact that I know the girl looks at the receipt right after I walk away and she sees that I gave her $0 in tip. Then she flicks me off while I'm not looking and wipes the sole of her shoe on my sandwich. And finally she tells the guy behind me in line that I'm a cheap scuzzle bucket mcgee.

I'm boycotting the laziest way of begging that I have ever seen.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I never tip at McAllisters. Anyone who does is an idiot. I seriously think they just bought their receipts like that.

Anonymous said...

That was the real CeCe, by the way.

Anonymous said...

One time I saw Michael Baker eat a huge burrito. Then he went to McCalisters, ordered a sweet tea, and gave them a tip for no reason.

Anonymous said...

i went through the same thought process the other day. i just thought i was super paranoid... my chicken salad did taste like new balance, now that i think about it.

Anonymous said...

If your mother worked at Mc Allisters would you tip her?

Anonymous said...

I worked at McAlister's for a while, and here's the deal:
The tip thing is a scam. It goes straight into the owner's pocket, unless the owner feels generous, and then it goes to charity. The employees never receive the tips, and so don't worry, and DON'T TIP.