10/09/2005

CHiPs & EROT

We had quite a crazy show this past Thursday night. CHiPs performed with Ebony Readers/Onyx Theater in a joint effort to promote race relations. Whether this actually happened it still up for debate... but it was definitely a fun show.

Compared to our first show in Carrboro, this was an absolute home run. The crowd was really involved and seemed to enjoy both the improv comedy and EROT's slam poetry. If I can get a copy of a couple of the works that EROT did, I will absolutely post it.

My favorite moment: I spanked a "bootylicious" girl on stage.

The most scared moment of my life: In a dinner sketch where racial putdowns kept getting more and more elevated, I made a comment about drugs and prison that I immediately regretted. The line-crossing move didn't seem to make enemies, but that was just lucky.

EROT is an amazing group, so if you get a chance to see them on campus - DO IT!

No comments: