7/01/2006

The Most Dangerous Addiction

It's not what you think. Sometimes the most dangerous addictions are in the most unexpected places. And I have recently fallen victim to MySpace.

At first I just wanted to make a profile to show some videos and post some jokes in an area with more traffic than this blog... but that was just the beginning. Soon I started browsing stranger's profiles. Then I started requesting strangers to be my friend. Next thing you know, I'm browsing the citizens of Latvia and Croatia because I want a more diverse group of friends.

Now I've hit rock-bottom. I'm requesting 300-500 people to be my friend a day. I post things to the MySpace blog. Silly things. I'm responding to people's messages on MySpace. I'm even thinking about changing my page layout. I don't think I'll be satisfied until I have more friends than Dane Cook.

By the way, if anyone wants to fuel my addiction:
www.myspace.com/ccpearce

No comments: