1/29/2007

The Great Mystery of Google TV

What the hell is the deal Google TV? I think the entire internet is trying to censor any knowledge about it. In fact, this entire blog may be shut down just for mentioning GOOGLE TV.

It all started with this story by Mark Erickson which everyone immediately claimed to be a hoax. It seemed like a good prank, but shortly after, the story continued with a very emphatic claim that the hoax was no hoax. Maybe Erickson wanted a spike in traffic for his outrageous claims, but it is unusual for someone to defend a hoax. Also, another person verified that he was also able to get the beta version of Google TV on his 114th try. This claim's credibility... not great, but still it's there.

Now, searching through digg.com, I can't even find links to Google TV. And a Reuters article that previously had Google TV in the headline now reads the following:

We're sorry... this story is not currently available.


And when I google "Google TV," I'm not getting anything reasonable in my search. This is pretty unusual for the best search engine in the world. Is Google hiding something big? It seems like it. If anyone knows anything else about it, please let me know.

All of these together are making me very suspicious. It seems like Google is censoring the internet right now to prevent any more word about their TV beta testing from getting out. I love the company too much to get angry...


Digg!

No comments: